Thursday, April 19, 2007

First Attempt

Hello,
If you are viewing this blog then chances are you are having the symptoms of Athletic Pubalgia, also called a "sports hernia," "athletic hernia," and "sportsman's groin," among other names out there. I too am a sports hernia sufferer. This can be an extremely painful condition that can go from bad to worse without warning. Even more disturbing is the lack of knowledge about this injury amongst healtcare professionals. Chances are, you too are having issues with finding the correct answers for why you are experiencing these pains.
Keep in mind that I am no doctor, nor do I claim to have a better understanding of this injury than doctors. However, I have been studying many angles of the sports hernia and related conditions for over 2 years, in an attempt to rid myself of this horrible condition. In doing so I have obtained a decent grasp on what the sports hernia is, and where one can go to achieve relief.
My personal goal is to help others by either providing any information that I have learned as well as to help point people in the right direction when it comes to surgery and rehab. I only hope that I can be of help to those many sufferers.
So please post here as you wish, the more the better. It will be the only way that we as sports herniacs can learn about what we have going on down there. This collaboration can go a long way and hopefully may opend doors for future study of Athletic Publagia.

1 comment:

Jim said...

Is it possible to self-diagnose this condition to some degree? Is there one or two movements that necessarily result in pain if one has a sports hernia?